About this Journal
Aims and scope
Journal of Combustion publishes papers on all aspects of combustion science, both practical and theoretical. Articles may, amongst of topics, consider:
- Combustion chemistry (reaction schemes, mechanisms, and kinetics)
- Physical phenomena (diffusion, flow, and modelling)
- Fuels (mix and composition, delivery, and environmental considerations)
- Detonations, explosions, ignition, and extinction
- Flames and fires (structure, spread, and mitigation)
- Energy transfer (engine operation, propulsion and locomotion, and heat recovery)
Fundamental and applied studies are equally encouraged. As well as original research, Journal of Combustion also publishes focused review articles that examine the state of the art, identify emerging trends, and suggest future directions for developing fields.
ISSN: 2090-1968 (Print)
ISSN: 2090-1976 (Online)
Journal title history
- Journal of Combustion 2010–Current
- International Journal of Reacting Systems 2008–2008 (title changed)
Editorial enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.